A heat exchanger and economizer are a great way to use energy as effectively as possible. Companies in different fields already make use of these technologies, for instance in factories and large commercial buildings. When economizers are used in large commercial buildings, they are usually part of ventilation systems that regulate air temperature.
What is an economizer?
An economizer is a type of heat exchanger that recovers heat from flue gasses to preheat fluids or puts it to use in another part of the production process. This recovery process saves on fuel consumption and costs, as well as it reduces the CO2 emission.
SAVE BOILER ENERGY CONSUMPTION
An average boiler operates with an efficiency of approximately 66%, which means that 34% of the energy can be considered waste heat. Investing in an economizer increases the efficiency with 8%. Including both an economizer and an air preheater realizes an even higher efficiency of 20%.
MANY TYPES OF ECONOMIZERS
At Geurts, we engineer many types of economizers, or heat exchangers. For a boiler or steam generator fueled by natural gas, oil and biogas, both traditional tubes and finned tubes are applied depending on your production requirements. For a boiler fueled by coal, only regular tubes are optional due to the ash fouling.
- Energy (power plant, combined heat and power (CHP), gas-fired, oil-fired, coal-fired and biomass-fired)
- Energy-from-Waste plants (household, hazardous, and hospital waste)
- Steel and aluminum industry (see also our project in the steel industry)
- Oil and gas industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Chemical industry
- Food & Pharmaceutical
Economizers provide many advantages:
- Increase in production process efficiency
- Reduced amount of CO2 emission and other toxic combustible wastes
- Lower energy consumption
- Reduced energy cost
- Suitable for all standard fuels
- Suitable for all waste heat and flue gas boiler types
- Easy retrofit into existing installations
- Short return on investment (commonly within 1 year)
At Geurts, we build customized economizers meeting your specific requirements. Please contact us for more information.
Geurts can supply a steam heat system as a single unit, or more commonly in combination with an air preheater as one package. The Steam Coil Air Preheater (SCAP) design can be manufactured from a variety of materials, suitable for a wide range of temperature applications.
We gladly share our solutions and examples with you. Please contact us for more information.
Feel free to contact us directly:
T: +31 (0) 88 1704 600
Know what you want? Fill out our contact form: