SONDEX plate condenser
The SONDEX plate condenser is perfect for special applications where common plate heat exchangers are inadequate. They can handle large quantities of vapors and have a large inlet for the vapors. Together with the short residence time, this creates the optimum conditions for condensation, even in low-pressure evaporation applications.
Applications that require flawless performance under condensation conditions, can be easily managed with our custom brazed and semi-welded condenser solutions. When used in low-pressure evaporation applications, our specialized condenser plate design is suitable for use with large volumes of vapors, while the plates retain their heat output.
Features and benefits
- Designed specifically for demanding condensation duties that benefit from a special asymmetric plate design that is unavailable for regular heat exchangers.
- Experience the high thermal efficiency of our SONDEX® heat exchangers and enjoy peace of mind with an ideal turbulent flow that reduces the risk of fouling.
- Special Multi-gap plate design that can lower the energy consumption considerably for condensation duties that differ in flow volume.
- Connections from DN200 to DN800 (8″ to 32″)
- (Frames designed according to FEA and PED 2014/68/EU (EN13445) and ASME sec VIII, Div. 1 construction standards)
- Plate materials: AISI 304/316, titanium, SMO, Hastelloy*
- Gasket materials: EPDM-HT, NBR-HT*
- Plate heights up to 2.3 m (7.5 ft)
- Flow rates up to 800 m3/h (3,522 gpm)
- Working pressure up to 16 bar (145 psi)
- Working temperatures from -20 °C to 180 °C (-4 °F to 356 °F)
*other materials available upon request.
- Dairy/food/beverage industry
- Sugar industry
- Biogas industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Heavy industry
- Mining industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Chemical industry