SONDEX Free Flow plate heat exchanger
The SONDEX Free Flow Plate Heat Exchanger is ideal for applications where media with a high particle content, tendency to foul quickly, or high viscosity are used. We engineer each Free Flow heat exchanger to your application and type of media. The non-contact plate channels ensure unobstructed flow and long intervals between cleaning.
We are setting a new standard with improved performance and reliability in media that require gentle handling and that are not suitable for normal heat exchangers due to their viscosity, the tendency to fouling, or particle content.
Features and benefits
- Gentle treatment and even distribution of the media provide the highest possible product output quality.
- High heat transfer efficiency and extended intervals between cleaning ensure operation for an entire campaign with minimum downtime and maximum value for money.
- Large plate gap designed to counteract fouling with sizeable plate channels and no stagnant zones.
- Connections from DN25 to DN300 (1″ to 12″)
- (Frames designed according to FEA and PED 2014/68/EU (EN13445) and ASME sec VIII, Div. 1 construction standards)
- Plate materials: AISI 304/316, titanium, SMO, Hastelloy*
- Gasket materials: EPDM-HT, NBR-HT, Viton*
- Plate heights up to 3.5 m (11.5 ft)
- Flow rates up to 1,600 m3/h (7,045 gpm)
- Plate gaps from 5 mm to 20 mm (0.2″ to 0.8″)
- Working pressure up to 10 bar (145 psi)
- Working temperatures from -20 °C to 180 °C (-4 °F to 356 °F)
*other materials available upon request.
- Dairy/food/beverage industry
- Sugar industry
- Biogas industry
- Wastewater industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Mining industry