SONDEX plate evaporator
Our SONDEX plate evaporator is able to handle all advanced evaporation duties. The media are guaranteed never to mix because of the use of semi-welded plate cassettes. SONDEX Plate evaporators are designed to ensure optimal turbulence on both sides, but as well providing distribution of the media in an even amount for superior performance and product quality.
Our standard SONDEX plate heat exchanger semi-welded and brazed is an outstanding choice for standard evaporation duties. However unsuitable for some regular heat exchanger types. We have exclusive evaporator plates that meet the challenges of advanced evaporation applications.
Features and benefits
- Special plate design featuring an extra-large inlet connection for steam. Steam consumption can be reduced when operating with multi-stage evaporators, as the product vapor will serve as the heating media.
- Flexible design that makes it easy to increase capacity by adding additional cassettes or decrease it to save energy. Low residence time leads to perfect evaporation conditions and superior product quality.
- High performance, even with low-temperature differences between the media, which is especially great for mechanical vapor recompression (MVR) and thermal vapor recompression (TVR).
- Connections up to DN600 (24″)
- (Frames designed according to FEA and PED 2014/68/EU (EN13445) and ASME sec VIII, Div. 1 construction standards)
- Plate materials: AISI 304/316, titanium, SMO, Hastelloy*
- Gasket materials: EPDM-HT, NBR-HT*
- Plate heights up to 1.7 m (5.6 ft)
- Flow rates up to 800 m3/h (3,522 gpm)
- Working pressure up to 16 bar (145 psi)
- Working temperatures from -20 °C to 180 °C (-4 °F to 356 °F)
*other materials available upon request.
- Dairy/food/beverage industry
- Sugar industry
- Biogas industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Mining industry
- Chemical industry