SONDEX plate and shell heat exchanger (SPS)
A SONDEX plate and shell heat exchanger (SPS) will be the perfect heat exchanger for condensation and steam heating duties. The heat exchanger is well-suited for handling media because of the fully welded plate pack. Not only for aggressive media but also for high-pressures levels and temperatures. Much lighter in weight and not unimportant; less space demanding which makes them a good replacement for the standard shell and tube heat exchangers.
Combining the strengths of the shell and tube heat exchanger but also the plate heat exchanger makes sure we get to retain the best of both worlds: high working pressure and temperatures of the former one. The plate and shell heat exchanger offers the best of both with unmatching performance for a variety of applications, especially those involving vapor condensation.
Features and benefits
- Very adaptable heat exchanger. An excellent choice for handling condensation duties, especially duties without condensate sub-cooling. They are also perfect steam heaters of clean fluids, demineralized water, and clean thermal oils.
- The heat exchanger is designed to be highly resistant to thermal shocks as well as thermal and pressure fatigue making it very well-suited for cyclic duties and other duties with sudden, large fluctuations in temperature.
- Available in both bolted and fully welded designs. The fully welded types can handle higher temperatures and pressure levels than the bolted types but cannot be opened for cleaning. This can instead be done with CIP (Cleaning in Place) systems.
- Connections from DN25 to DN300 (1″ to 12″)
- (Frames designed according to FEA and PED 2014/68/EU (EN13445) and ASME sec VIII, Div. 1 construction standards)
- Plates made from AISI 304/316, titanium*
- Shell materials: Carbon steel, stainless steel
- Working pressure up to 40 bar (580 psi)
- Working temperature -10 °C up to 250 °C (14 °F to 482 °F) for bolted types (up to 400 °C (752 °F) for the fully welded types)
*other materials available upon request.
- HVAC industry
- Marine/offshore industry
- Dairy/food/beverage industry
- Sugar industry
- Biogas industry
- Refrigeration industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Heavy industry
- Mining industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Chemical industry
- Steam heating
- Oil coolers
- Gas heaters/coolers