SONDEX SondBlock heat exchanger (SB/SBL)
The SONDEX SondBlock heat exchanger (SB/SBL) is a durable and compact solution for demanding applications involving aggressive media, high pressure and/or extreme temperatures. SondBlock heat exchanger can serve as replacements for shell & tube heat exchangers and perform the same duties. In addition, they offer numerous advantages in terms of cost, size, and performance.
SONDEX SondBlock heat exchanger is less sensitive to fouling and clogging and requires only occasional inspection and cleaning.
It will take less time and space for maintenance and cleaning because the panels that cover the heat exchanger can be easily removed.
The whole panel assembly is accessible from all sides, without the need for additional space.
The SondBlock heat exchanger marks the new beginning in efficient heat transfer, mainly in demanding applications.
Features and benefits
- Perfect as condensers that can be configured to handle duties with or without condensate sub-cooling. SondBlock heat exchangers are also good choices as steam heaters or reboilers for non-cyclic duties, and a smooth and stable steam control system.
- A very durable heat exchanger that excels at handling aggressive and fouling media. Able to handle aggressive media on both sides, it is a perfect solution for crude oil refineries and petrochemical plants. A top choice for the most challenging duties.
- Increased production output due to the extended uptime of the heat exchanger. Very low maintenance and service requirements. Removable side panels provide fast and easy access to the plate pack for inspection or cleaning.
- Connections from DN50 to DN1000 (2″ to 40″)
- (Frames designed according to FEA and PED 2014/68/EU (EN13445) and ASME sec VIII, Div. 1 construction standards)
- Plates made from AISI 304/316, titanium*
- Shell materials: Carbon steel, stainless steel
- Working pressure up to 25 bar (363psi)**
- Working temperature -20 °C up to 300 °C (-40 °F to 572 °F)***
*other materials available upon request.
**Higher pressure levels available upon request
***Lower temperatures available upon request
- HVAC industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Heavy industry
- Mining industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Chemical industry
- Oil and gas production
- Steam heaters and reboilers
- Partial condensers without condensate sub-cooling
- Partial condensers with condensate sub-cooling